|This web site is dedicated to Arroyo Seco, "The Indians" and to the trail through Los Padres National Forest that links the two. These areas form part of the Ventana Wilderness.|
A 360 degree panoramic view of the valley near the Indians Forest Service station. [See original Image: 1.4 meg]
|Los Padres looking south from the Arroyo Seco road, approx 8 miles into the forest from the Arroyo Seco campground. Elevation was about 2,800 feet at this point. [See original Image: 1.4meg]|
Duration: 2' 30""
Forest Station Sign at the Indians.
Mountain Bike at the mid point next to the rock slide
Flowering giant cactus
Mark at the sign to the Indians - 6 miles in
The road through Hanging Valley - 12 miles in
Mark racing home
|Total Ride Time:||4 hrs 18 min|
|Total Elapsed Time:||6 hrs 35 mins|
|Average Speed:||7.9 mph|
|Total distance||34.3 miles|
|Highest Point:||2,950' above sea level|
|Maximum Speed:||30.7 mph|
- "Total Elapsed Time" is the door-to-door round trip time.
- "Total Ride Time" measures the time during which bike was in motion (front wheel rotating).
- The total distance of 34.3 miles is a little short of the road signs which display the distance as 18 miles each way, 36 miles round trip.
- The average time of 7.9 mph is surprising low - and the top speed is surprisingly high. But it all adds up!
- Bikes: Specialized Epic/Disk (from Flume Trail Bikes) and Specialized Stumpjumper
Site Foot Notes:
All photos and this movie were taken with a Canon PowerShot SD400 digital camera. || Post production was done on an iMac using OS/X, iPhoto, GraphicConverter, Adobe Photoshop Elements , Canon PhotoStitch, and iMovie. || All media and website assets are hosted on .Mac from Apple Computer Corp [NASD:AAPL] || This site is viewed best when using a computer and a digital network connection.|| Compatible with electrons from all major manufacturers. || Whilst browsing, a sense of adventure is recommended, but not required. || Report all problems to Joe Longo @ Mac .com (one word). § Last updated: June 10 2006